About Us / Initiatives
MapGive, an initiative of the U.S. Department of State’s Humanitarian Information Unit, makes it easy for new volunteers to learn to map and get involved in online tasks.
Mapping Secondary Cities for Resiliency, Human Security, and Emergency Preparedness is the flagship, field-based initiative of the Office of the Geographer.
- Building partnerships to create geospatial data on secondary cities
- Enhancing understanding of secondary cities through data and mapping
- Building local capacity in geospatial science-based decision making
- Providing open geospatial data solutions
- Facilitating long-term secondary city partnerships and networks